"Remain, as I do, incomprehensible: to be great is to be misunderstood"- Oscar Wilde.

"You knew what my Art was to me, the great primal note by which I had revealed, first myself to myself, and then myself to the world"- Oscar Wilde.

September 12, 2012

Paul Hodges

A true figurative artist, Paul’s point of departure in his artwork is often the body in movement. With a background in dance, Paul’s new work draws on his interest in ballet, classical music and the representation of great historical figures in Art. When we met with Paul earlier in the year he was painting portraits of Napoleon. They share a striking resemblance and who doesn’t get fascinated with French opulence. It was wonderful synchronicity when the NGV International opened Napoleon Revolution to Empire… we were practically first in line.

Here are some images of our visit to the exhibition. There is some very exciting filming being done tonight… we are keeping the location under wraps but not its subject. Prepare yourself to meet NaPAULeon at The Great un Reveal!






No comments:

Post a Comment