"Remain, as I do, incomprehensible: to be great is to be misunderstood"- Oscar Wilde.

"You knew what my Art was to me, the great primal note by which I had revealed, first myself to myself, and then myself to the world"- Oscar Wilde.

October 7, 2012

Dionne Canzano


Dionne Canzano is a highly passionate figurative artist. Her subject matter ranges from pictures of Elvis Pressley to animals of the great wild. Dionne also has a certain penchant for depicting deadly spiders and snakes… Oh my! These various subjects are made common by Dionne’s intense love and fascination with them. 

The Sisters Hayes do not quite share her love for deadly creepy crawlies…. But we certainly do share her love for THE KING!

Last year, Dionne went on a trip with her family to Graceland. We poured over her picture albums. They hold some pretty amazing photos. Dionne said we could share this one with you:

Dionne visiting the Elvis memorial, Graceland
While we were out on location for Dionne’s photo shoot, her mother, the lovely Maureen, told us that they were all really touched with how welcoming and peaceful their visit to his home and final resting place was.

We wanted to make a work with Dionne that reflected her undying love for Elvis, her recent pilgrimage to Graceland and that honored her fandom in all its glitz and glory. 

The final work is under wraps until the The Great un Reveal Opening on October 20. Until then, we'll let the King play you out with one of our favourites-



No comments:

Post a Comment